Tuesday, November 22, 2011

The End... For Now

As my title suggests, this will be my last blog post for a while. This project is officially over. However, I will continue to finish those portions that remain technically incomplete, but emotionally finished.
Part 1:
My feelings on this are rather interesting. This portion gave me a chance to take a critical look at myself and what I value and change the things that I don't like. I found that there are things that I overlooked too much in my life and I hope that what I learned from this part will stay with me and that I will be able to make these changes truly permanent. As I put in a previous post, it was as if my book had misprints in it and I systematically went through and edited out those misprints and put them to rights so that my book truly reflected who I was and who I wanted to be.

Part 2:
This part is also still under technical construction but I have high hopes for what its completion will mean. This part forced me to think of how to teach another person what I had learned and how I could improve their lives with it. In this part I chose a friend of mine who happens to be a freshman at my school. I chose her because I felt like this was something she needed to know, how to travel places and do things with her mind (and no I don't mean by telekinesis) so that she would always have a place where she could escape from the ravages of high school and of life in general. I look forward with great anticipation to the day that she receives my gift and I hope it will give her peace of mind and perhaps a new outlook on life. I feel like if I can just make her life and even her high school experience, a little bit better, I will have succeed in passing on a little bit of what I have learned in my four years of high school to the next generation of those who must pass through its refining fire.

Part 3:
This portion is, unfortunately, the least technically complete. I hope to finish it before Christmas but whether I finish it or not, my feelings remain the same. I feel as though my eyes have been opened into a world of darkness. I would like to believe that everything everywhere is fine and dandy but the statistics I received showed me otherwise. There are people whose lives are difficult and who have lost much of their hope, if not all of it. I want to open other peoples' eyes to what they don't see. I want to attempt to raise peoples' awareness of how this impacts our society in general and particularly the students of my school district. I hope that I will succeed in this endeavor. I feel as though I can do anything because I am armed with the truth that not everything is sunshine and unicorns in this world of ours. My mission is to help others to see that as well.

I hope that all my readers have enjoyed this blog. I will be sure to post the finals of every technically unfinished portion of this project and I will most likely use this blog to discuss future TAG assignments (not badly but thoughtfully). I hope that I have been able to convey my feelings on this project. Overall, I enjoyed all my experiences (even when I felt as though they were specifically sent to tear me down). I feel like I have changed myself for the better and that I have managed to change some others around me. If I have managed to affect someone towards good in anyway from my chronicle of this journey, I will have succeed in all my endeavors. Until next time...

Jessie Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment