Friday, October 21, 2011

And the hunt continues...

As the title of today's update would suggest I am still on the hunt for both my crafts and my values. Although I did think of a few more today, I'm still not sure which ones I like best.
Values/Ideals:
  • Work- I think this is a lost value in much of our culture including in me. I remember I used to have an excellent work ethic. Late assignments were tantamount to murder to me and finishing an assignment the night before was just plain not done. I'm not sure what happened. I could probably blame it on the stress and workload of middle school and high school but the truth is it was my own choices that made me into a procrastinator and someone who turns in assignments late.
  • Choices have consequences- this is one of my mother's favorite sayings. While I have heard it many times in my life, I believe that I have forgotten the huge import that it has in my life. When I made the choice to join the IB program at school I ignored what my mother said (as in she told me it probably wouldn't be a good idea) and went on ahead. Now when I have difficulty in one of those classes I get a little less sympathy because it is me recieving the consequences of my actions. I believe that being reminded of this very important ideal is something very worthwhile for me to acheive.
Crafts:
  • Working with wood- I discovered a while ago that I like to work with my hands. One of the things I found I like to do was build things and what better thing to use wood. I found that I really liked working with wood and I felt a very strong connection to it. Most of my furniture is wooden because I like how it looks and feels. Unfortunately, I haven't been working very much with wood except for a minor project I did last Christmas. I think that this would make a good medium for a value.
  • Painting- Although I'm not the best artist in the world I do really enjoy painting things. I'm a very detail-oriented person, so when I paint something it's usually to some degree of minuteness. I haven done very many painting paintings but I do like to paint things and it's something I haven't done for a very long time except on very small projects. I also really enjoy different colors and finding how they look together and I think this would be a perfect medium to reexplore that in
Well that's about all I have for today. Hopefully I'll be able to fully hammer out my lists by tomorrow and be able to actually begin designing my projects and start working on them. Til tomorrow!

Jessie Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment