Thursday, October 20, 2011

Day 2

So today was mostly a day for bouncing around. Today at school I bounced from place to place and in my head bounced around possible values that I could use for this project and even some crafts. The values that were bouncing around were:
  • Family First- this is a value that I've been taught from the cradle but I feel like in recent months and years it has become less and less important to me despite that my parents keep trying to remind me of it whenever they get a chance.
  • Education- this is another that has existed in the back of my mind for a while but I feel like I've become jaded to what true education is (the pursuit of knowledge) and just see it as the day to day drudgery of school (at this point High School)
  • Faith- yet another that I've been taught from the cradle but one that I think I frequently overlook and it has fallen into disuse in my personal dealings. I feel that my lack of faith that God always has a plan for His children and that He loves us all has also jaded me to many of the occurances in my life.
Crafts:
  • Working with cross stitch- this was once one of my favorite pasttimes and I'm rather sad that I have stopped working with it as much. I think I would like to use it to incorporrate one of my values.
  • Using Plastic Canvas- another favorite pasttime fallen into disrepair, this one was one that first started to spark my creativity to create things that didn't have a pattern written for them. 
  • Crocheting- I know it sounds terribly homemaker-ish but I really do like to crochet and I utilize the same technique in my crocheting as I do with plastic canvas, Bigweld's saying "See a need, fill a need." (Robots). I would find something that I needed a carrier or something for and I would make that carrier or whatever. I rather miss doing this.
Well those are what I have so far. I hope to have my lists of five values and five crafts completed by tomorrow or the day after. Then comes the fun part: creation. (I'm not sure whether to insert a dun dun duuun! or an "It's alive!"(Frankenstein- or some facsimile thereof) here so I will leave that up to viewer discretion). So that's all I have for my second day of work. Talk to ya tomorrow!

Jesse Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment