Wednesday, October 26, 2011

More new firsts...

So today, as my title suggests, contained more new firsts. This would be in the arena of again talking to adults that I don't know and asking them questions and for help. EEEEK!!! Have I mentioned today that I really hate talking to new people? I'm actually incredibly shy but I pretend not to be. Truth is, I'm cringing away inwardly everytime I meet someone new because it's something new. Anyway, today I talked to our school social worker who was very nice and personable and told me that the group that my principal had told me about was actually at a different high school in town (LHS for those who want to know) and she was able to put me into contact with the community activist who works with these kids and he was able to give me information on someone else I might contact. BIG INTERCONNECTIVITY!! Very confusing and all that but I managed to make some headway. I sent off an email to the community activist and told him about our project and our goals for it. In his email to me he had mentioned a meeting for the students that were already in his group and invited me to it and anyone else I wanted to bring. I have decided to invite the entirety of the TAG program at my school in the hopes that a) "the more the merrier" is really true and b) this will in turn help them with their projects. Anyway, so in my email to him asked him to send me anything he thought would be useful in the creation of my group's presentation. I hope that he is prompt in replying to my email and with good info because I would like to give this presentation about the middle of next week (say Wednesday). That's my goal anyway. We'll see how it goes.
On a different note, here is the update for Part 1 of this project:
  • I finished obtaining all the materials for my varied projects
  • I am about half done with the family project
  • I have sketched out the faith project and hope to start painting tomorrow
  • I will start carving the Choices/Honor project tomorrow
  • I will finish getting the poetry and quotes for the Joy project tomorrow and hopefully begin modge podging
  • I will finally begin my story webbing tomorrow and probably finish the story over the weekend
I am very excited about all the developements I have been having in my project thus far and I look forward with anticipation to my next challenge. (That should have sounded brave and I will keep telling myself that I want it to be true. In truth, I hope that there are no more setbacks but I know that, as JK Rowling said "failure is inevitable." Here's to hoping I can postpone the inevitable until the end of this project.)

Jessie Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment